Unsuccessful payment and actions
Generally, a payment order not accepted by the bank that issued the card (that is, where the customer received the card); but in the case of using a bank card, this may also be due to the fact that the authorization request does not reach the card-issuing bank due to a telecommunications or IT error.
- The card is not suitable for online payments.
- Internet use of the card is prohibited by the bank managing the account.
- The use of cards is prohibited.
- The card data (card number, expiration date, code on the signature strip) were entered incorrectly.
- The card has expired.
Account type error
- There is no margin to complete the transaction.
- The amount of the transaction exceeds the purchase limit of the card.
Connection type error
- The line may have been disconnected during the transaction. Please try again.
- The transaction failed due to a timeout. Please try again.
- If you have not returned from the payment page to the merchant/service provider’s page, the transaction is unsuccessful.
- If you have returned from the payment page, but return to the payment page using the browser’s “back”, “reload” or “refresh”, your transaction will be automatically rejected by the system for security reasons.